I recently remodelled an old cabinet into a craft cupboard and this is a brief list of what I keep inside. If you see something you love in a thrift store or when inspiration hits it's great to have a few basics on hand to get you started. For details on how I transformed my cabinet see Craft Cupboard 1 , Craft Cupboard 2, and Craft Cupboard 3.
- A good sharp pair of fabric scissors - kept away from little people
- A pair of hardy utility scissors
- Selection of needles including darning and yarn needles
- Thread in different colours. I like to have black, white, red, blue, grey, and pink as a minimum
- Variety of glues - I have PVA, glue sticks, and paper paste
- Scrapbooking papers in lots of different patterns
- A few balls of yarn in different colours
- Knitting needles
- A pile of vintage tea towels, fabric remnants, embroidered placemats, and doilies
- A pot of clear varnish
- Paint brushes
- Taubmans paint tubes and test pots from the hardware store. Mistints from Bunnings are great
- Staples and a stapler
- Clippings from old magazines, paper sewing patterns, postcards, old photographs
If there are some crafting "must haves" missing in my list that you can't live without please let me know, I'd love to hear from you.